Polish Friends

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Illamasqua's Spring/Summer 2011 Toxic Nature Collection

Morning everyone!! Well, after much arguing with hubby and my bff/neighbor, I went to the dr. ps. I HATE the dr. It's sort of an anxiety I have, I don't know it's weird, anyways, I have Bronchitis *sigh* At least I got my antibiotics. Okay enough of that, on to some fun.

While being home sick, I got a surprise package from Illamasqua, I had no idea what it was, but I discovered it's 3 of the new polishes from Toxic Nature!!!!! Alex from Illamasqua, was so sweet to send these to me for my review. I was soooo excited, and of course, coughing my brains out, attempted my swatches, lol, and after about 300 pictures later, I finally finished. You should have seen the blurry messes I took while coughing. Now, some pics are taken in different lighting, I was trying my hardest to capture the true color, but since two are neons, my camera had issues.

According to the paper I got with them, these are available as of March 10th in the US, and in UK stores March 17th. There are a total of 5 in the collection:

Purity - Peach
*Bacterium - Pearlescent Ash Ochre
*Radium - Acidic Lime Shimmer
Stagnate - Grey Mauve
*Gamma - Neon Orange

* - these are the 3 I received

I also loved their photos they did for this collection. 
Now, I only owned 1 Illamasqua polish before this, but I really love their bottles and their formula is among the best out there. It goes on so easy with minimal effort

Okay onto the pics finally!!
2 coats of Bacterium. This is my fave of the 3, although there are semi brush strokes, I don't care, it's such a unique color, and that's what I love!














Radium, this is soooo bright, that my camera has a hard time with neons :( There was no sun today either, so maybe tomorrow I will post some sunlight pics, if we get any. The shimmer in this is beautiful, and trust me, it's much brighter in person.

This is in direct light



This was taken away from the light

Outside, with no sun :(




Gamma, now I'm not a huge orange fan, but I love it. It really is neon, so once again, my camera was angry, lol. Maybe tomorrow, if there is sun, I'll try again, but again, WAY brighter in person.

In direct light



 
away from the light



Alright guys I'm off to bed, hopefully. *prays to the coughing gods, please let me be for 1 night*

22 comments:

  1. Not sure about Bacterium, but I personally am loving Radium and especially Gamma. Are you feeling any better today? Hope so. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and fresh colours! And i love the shape of the bottles :)

    Hey Erika, check out my try on a patchwork mani! It's my first try, and it turned out okay: http://cherryplumsky.blogspot.com/2011/03/nailart-checker-mani.html

    I really love how this looks and i'm gonna try this more often and try other colours & combinations!

    Thanks for being an inspiration!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this on amazon, but they don't ship to my adress, maybe because I live in Norway, but you live in US so they may ship to you ;)

    http://www.amazon.com/China-Glaze-Going-Circles-Polish/dp/B004CELY9G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1299936242&sr=8-6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the radium! XD Take care~ Hope you'll get well really soon~ =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh They're so cool! Finally something unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, their advertisement photos are so unique. I really like them.
    I love the polishes, especially Radium.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Illamasqua should be ashamed of themselves for putting that horrible collection together. Much ugliness.

    And I love fug colors, but this one, wow, I think a whole lot of lack of imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh poor you with bronchitis! :( hope that the antibiotics clear it up quickly for you! I have yet to get myself any illamaqua nail polishes *shakes head and wonders why?* I'm lusting after jo'mina and the next time I go to the nearest selfridges to me I'm going to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally dislike this collection but I guess Radium is okay, since its a green! But your swatches definitely make them look pretty, even though I would never wear them myself.
    Feel better, Erika! Bronchitis sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gamma would be my choice of nail polish if I was going to go pheasant hunting with my dad and his buddies so that way I could do the whole neon hunting orange thing (and I so would too!), but Bacterium, not really digging that color. It's just meh, nothing really special. Hope you get better soon, drinking hot tea helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks you guys, so much! I really cannot wait until I get back to normal, I'm a sucky sick patient, I try to soon to do my normal things, and end up wearing myself out :(

    pkbmum, umm...I thought I was, until I tried to go out and run errands, lol. It turned out to be too much. I'm SOOOO ready to be back to normal!! Thanks for asking *HUGS*

    Sarah, Oh YAY, I'm glad you tried it out, I can't wait to see it!

    Alex, thank you so much! I just might have to get it!!

    Ola, thank you! I will be sure to check yours out as well :)

    Suzanne, thank you so much, I'm hoping so too, I hate this!! I just might start looking into their other colors, I really do like their formula!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. From the photo Radium reminds me of the new color avon has "Electric Green"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I could completely empathize with you. EVERY SINGLE SPRING, I get bronchitis. It's awful, but it WILL end. Get well soon! It's a nasty illness.

    I like the orange polish, it's bright, but not that ugly neon bright orange that orange polishes usually have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey are there ways that you could just use whatever nail polish you have without having to apply all the top coats, base coats, and all that without it looking ugly? Any ideas please tell me thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pretty sure you can buy those scissors at Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This one is too good and amazing for girls. I really like to share this one with my female friends. Thanks a lot for sharing this article post. Now it's time to avail https://zapshutters.co.uk/" for more information.

    ReplyDelete