Polish Friends

Monday, January 3, 2011

I may need to see a Dr. I think I was poisoned, lol..........

So about a month ago I was browsing eBay for polishes, when I came across this listing, that had a picture of what looked to be such an amazing polish! It doesn't have a name, but maybe referred to just the #189. The listing, from what I recall, just called it Purple Glitter. It was coming from another country, so I waited very patiently for about 2 weeks. Which I know isn't long, but for me......was a lifetime :( Well when it finally arrived, and couldn't wait to try it. When I first opened it, I could see it was very sheer, but that doesn't bother me at all, since I love to layer. I grabbed my Petites Wild Plum, and just did 1 coat of that, then added my new pretty. It really is GORG, but the smell...........can I just say that I'm pretty sure my insides might be permanently damaged from this stuff, but who cares when it looks this good! If I'm ever to do another full mani with this stuff, I will need to be in some kind of open pasture, with Vicks Vapor Rub, under my nose! This was also the polish, that I had used in this post, in the very last mani, on my tips

19 comments:

  1. Haha sometimes foreign polishes can smell terrible! -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so gorgeous. The OPI DS lacquers don't have anything on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really pretty color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a stary night :) Love it!

    Kaushal xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I kinda miss the strong smell that polishes used to have, now they've took out all the harmful chemicals. Darn those harmful chemicals!

    Lovely colour though. Totally worth the permanent, internal damage ;-)

    Nice blog, just stumbled upon it. Following x

    http://clever-rabbit.blogpot.com
    Polishes. Potions. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee hee. I love the color of China Glaze Frostbite but it smells like skunk to me! So I only apply it while outside. Your new polish is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really pretty, but if it smells that bad not sure if it's worth it yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one awesome looking polish. I also have a couple of polishes that I know are slowly melting my lungs, but I love them. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks you guys! This might be one I play with after a few drinks, sitting outside during the Spring, lol. It's pretty bad, when you have to mark on your calander, when it's best to use a certain polish, lol.

    Welcome CleverRabbit!! Thanks for following :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is GOR-GE-OUS! Too bad it doesn't have a name though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This color is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ....and I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. do other countries have the same 3free formulas or does anything go? this is beautiful btw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. psh, the color I'm sure is worth the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!!! I got a gold foil of the same brand and the smell knocked me over!!

    I think they ripped the ingredient list from someone else's label b/c it didn't smell at all like anything I've ever used!!!

    Gorgeous polish, though. Next best thing to Dazzled by Gold!! But, oh, the smell!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks you guys!

    Welcome Mackenzie!! Thanks for followig my blog, I really hope you enjoy it.

    Cathryn, that I'm not sure of, but it does appear that anything goes!

    Paillette, OMG really? Isn't the smell insane?!?! I've smelled icky polish before, ie. Nabi Glitters, but this......takes things to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Chloe! It took a little over three weeks to get here but I am now the proud owner of #189 (stink, and all - lol). It is one of those colors that you want to just stare at in the bottle. Thanks for the recommendation... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh good!!! Isn't it so amazing in the bottle?!?!?! Just remember to NOT BREATHE while using, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw your post and had to buy it! Ditto the smell :) It is quite lovely, though :D I layered it over black and see lots of greenish or teal sparkles. Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kelly, haha, the smell is just......aweful, but it's too beautiful in the bottle to let it bother me, lol.

    ReplyDelete