Polish Friends

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dr.'s REMEDY 2011 Winter Wonder-Nails

I am so excited to share a new brand of nail polish with you all today! I was contacted by Debbie from Dr.'s REMEDY, and was given the opportunity to review their new polish line and collection. This collection is called Winter Wonder-Nails and there are 4 colors in this collection. I am showing you 3 of them.

How about a little info on the company first -
Dr.'s REMEDY is a line of doctor-inspired cosmetics that is dedicated to using clean, hypo-allergenic ingredients. The birth-child of two New York-based podiatrists, Dr. Adam Cirlincione and Dr. William Spielfogel, Dr.'s REMEDY proves quintessentially-perfect for any person looking to better the condition of their skin and nails; their Enriched Nail Polish is the first-ever nail polish on the market approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association. Their polish is enriched with naturally occurring anti fungal ingredients like tea tree oil, garlic bulb extract, vitamins C and E, and wheat protein and is free from harsh toxins to promote healthier, stronger nails. Dr.'s REMEDY is sold online at http://www.remedynails.com/ or by calling 1-877-323-NAIL for $16 a bottle.

Here is the first one -
Revive Ruby Red - a shimmer-infused, Wizard of Oz-inspired shade of crimson





Healing Heather Grey - a seductive pewter with deep blue undertones





and the third one I have is Desire Dark Brown - My FAVE from this collection. It's described as - a cocoa-meets-hot fudge handsome hue

I wanted to show you what the back of the bottles look like


To start off, I think the formula of these are excellent, and sooo creamy. They are almost opaque in 1 coat!!!! I also just LOVE the bottles, maybe because I'm I love the Ulta bottles too, hee hee. I do love the colors, but Desire was by far my fave of the 3 I have. I have very few true browns, and this one is a perfect dark creamy shade.  The only color I don't have is called Nurture Nude Pink, and it's described as a delicate damsel-in-distress barely-there beautiful.
If you're interested in ordering you can go to http://www.remedynails.com/ or call 1-877-323-NAIL.

So what do you guys think about this new brand?

**EDIT**  Here is a pic of the brush, and the square lid does not come off. Well...not for me, lol. I tried, but then I was pulling so hard, I was afraid I would fling it accross the room :P

30 comments:

  1. ooh im loving the first two colours...the red and grey =) and its amazing that they contain natural ingredients and are actually good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea! The only down side is that people with gluten allergies won't be able to wear them because of the wheat protein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recieved a email from them with the little bubble swatches.. but these look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very expensive, but really precious. I prefer the red one, but the gray is also incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that grey! But I'm a little tired of paying insane prices for nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what beauties. I love all three but my fav is the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! They really are pretty, and formula is great, but I do agree that the price is a tad steep. I have a hard time paying over $10 for a polish, and if I do, it better be UBER special :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog. I have a question for you but my email keeps bouncing back and is blocked! not sure how I get around that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the gray and the brown but I would never spend $16 on nail polish. Seems ridiculous to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That red is gorgeous! O.O

    First magnetic polishes, now "healthy" polishes. Golly gee, what's next? XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this brand at Ricky's, glad to see some swatches out there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keeping in mind that you make everything look good ... :) I really like the last two! Too bad they're so pricey **runs off to find dupes in stash**

    ReplyDelete
  14. You mentioned the formula, but would you describe the brushes (and possibly show a pic)? I'm really interested in these "health" nail polishes ... then again, doesn't take much to peak my interests. :)

    One other thing, are the squared bottle caps also the brush handles, or are they removeable?

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...
    all of them are soo pretty... i would have to check these out.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. The brown polish looks like melted dark chocolate, it's amazing! And so is the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like them, but I too wish they were cheaper. Although I do always say, being healthy is way more expensive then not, lol. Maybe thats why I live off of fast food, eeek!

    Suzz, wow, I have no idea, is it something you can ask me through the comments??

    Cammy, oh I know!!! I'm excited to see what the polish world comes out with next!

    ABOP, HAHA, thanks! Hope you found some colors close to these.

    Stephanie, I went ahead and edited my original post with pics for you :P

    Des, I know!!! I have yet to see a chocolate color so yummy like this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look gorgeous! It's nice to find awesome new polishes from unknown brands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They all look really nice, but wow, Desire Dark Brown is the most wonderful chocolaty brown I've ever seen. I don't usually like browns because they either look dull or have a hint of burgundy, but I'd buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks ladies!!

    obliviousdragon, Oh I know! I think I might have 2 other browns, but this is the best so far!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like so many have said, I don't usually do brown...but I have every other color, so why not! lol this brown is gorgeous! And also like people said, that is a lot higher price point, but I suppose if it is healthy and is a good product, it is worth it. I really like that it is created by doctors because while my S.O. was just in the hospital last week, I was thinking about the nurses wearing polish, as most didn't. I was wondering how sterile hands could be wearing polish, like what their code was on that(isn't that so funny - polish always on the brain). I suppose this polish would be acceptable then! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Crystal, You know, I never thought about polish in a hospital, that is a great point though! This brown is soooo amazing, I don't do them much either, but I can see I might be wearing this one quit often.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are VERY pretty colors! I especially like the brown one too, but they're all gorgeous. :) And your nails look FLAWLESS, as usual. :) Thanks for the swatches/review, Chloe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. pricey! but the red is gorgeous

    http://hollydollyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. YOU. ARE. AMAZING! I am just getting into nails and when I found your blog, I fell in love! How do you do your nails so well? I am amazingly jealous(: Please post more tutorials. Thank you sooooo much<3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks you two!!

    Kendraa, thank you so much!! it really is just practise. I've been doing my own nails for years!

    ReplyDelete