Polish Friends

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gold & Navy.............

Good morning everyone! If you missed my post last night, please make sure to read it.
Okay as you can see I decided to keep my watermark semi small, and hopefully not to annoying :) Some pics have 2, only because they were already ready to be posted, but only the middle one will be there after this post.

Anyways, I wanted to use some gold glitter, and had to reach for my China Glaze Medallion. It is by far my fave gold glitter in the world, and very hard to capture it's beauty on camera. Since I have also been on a semi matte kick, I decided to use my Claire's Matte Cobalt polish. I also just love navy and gold together :)



I started with 2 coats of Cobalt Blue





Then using tape, taped off half of my nail, and added Medallion




I then added a top coat to remove the roughness and so I don't remove layers of skin, since I tend to be accident prone.





37 comments:

  1. This looks really good and even I may be able do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy and gold are fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous...I bet you could lose hours gazing into that glitter. I can see why it's your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is by far the most amazing glitter that I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. medallion is gorgeous! i love navy and gold together. i like using cg midnight kiss and nicole wavy navy for a really classy looking ruffian. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I'm in LOVE! And the best is I just got my Medallion. I have it! I will totally be able to do this - YAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow China Glaze Medallion looks like you opened up a treasure chest on your nails! *adds to the want list*

    (Also yay I realized I could comment as my google account.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you guys!!!! I def need to grab myself another Medallion ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That gold is BEAUTIFUL! This is going on my ever-extending Nail Polish wish-list...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combo and executed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks HOT !!
    totallyyyyy love the gold.. man im beginning to hate my store i havent seen this before and its sooooo beautiful (i love gold and sparkles)
    as soon as i get a break from school im soo going on a hunt for this ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this manicure! Medallion is gorgeous. And your watermark is not annoying at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful! What brand of top coat do you use? I cannot get over how glossy the final nails are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Megan! I use SV, Seche Vite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! You inspired me to do this, but with Zoya Marley & OPI Teenage Dream (which I love love love the combo!!) Tape Mani's Rule! hahaha seriously, I wouldn't be able to do that free hand because I am way too picky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crystal, Oh I'm far too picky too, lol, thats what I never attempt anything freehand :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my .. medallion is jaw-dropping. *oogles*

    ReplyDelete
  18. PS. is there a dupe of it that would be easier to find?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kellie, Thanks. I'm sorry I don't know of a dupe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring your pic from pinterest on my blog on Tuesday!
    Love the mani and can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.

    Click Here : farm tractors for sale 385 85HP 4X4

    ReplyDelete