Polish Friends

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A VERY quick & dirty Blacklight mani............................

So after doing my kitty claws with the blacklight mani (see most recent post) I wanted to play some more. I was running out of time last night, and just decided to try it with a Konad. I started by painting my nails, black, then did a coat of OPI DS Original, topped that off with 1 coat of the Blacklight polish. After that all dried, I Konaded with my Sinful black, and did the houndstooth design. I did attempt to put a coat of SV over it all, but it totally EFFED up the design, and smeared the blacklight polish all over the nail FAIL!! So I had to re-do them, and just forget about it being shiny. Oh well, it's still so much fun.

It did come out messier than I normally like, but it was just a quick trial. The whole thing took me around 20 min.

In the regular light


This is what was seen in the black light


Ta-da!! Hope you guys enjoy this!

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh, that is so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm having so much fun with that black light polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is SV? And how do you dry your nails so quickly (for everything to be done in 20)? I feel like mine take forever! You're amazing :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SV is Seche Vite. It's an AMAZING fast dry top coat. I love how shiny it is! SV is the reason my manis dry so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete